Author Topic: How do I import train speed profiles from a shapefile?  (Read 1263 times)

roger

• Administrator
How do I import train speed profiles from a shapefile?
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »
We understand that you have a shapefile that gives the speed of a particular train service at 10 m intervals along the track and you would like to import this directly from the shapefile into NoiseMap.  We recommend that you proceed as follows:

(a) generate shapefiles with the track geometry split into the 10 m lengths that you require, with a track number assigned to each length;
(b) import these shapefiles with zero tolerance so that NM doesn’t try to further subdivide the tracks (which would add new track numbers and mess up your track numbering)
(c) the imported track numbers will be kept as assigned in the shapefile
(d)define a separate service number for each service speed – so if a service runs from between 0 and 360 km/h and you split this into 10 km/h parts, there are 31 possible speeds for the service.
(e) Define a separate service for each speed, giving 37 separate services – each service will have the same vehicles/noise sources but at a different speed;
(f) Repeat this for each of the train types.
(g) Arrange the service numbers according to the service and its speed, e.g. 100 for the service plus 1 for the speed step gives a service number of 101; at the next speed step up, 100 for the service plus 2 for the speed step gives a service number of 102, and so on.
(h)Save the service definitions described above as a csv file and import to NoiseMap.
(i) From the GIS, export the speed for the service on each segment of track, by using the appropriate service number – eg server 102 is for train type 100 running at the second lowest speed step.
(j) export this data as a csv file – i.e. a spreadsheet with two columns, the service number (with the speed profile step) and the track number;
(k) import the service/track assignments from the csv file, (you may need to use the append function so that existing service assignments are not wiped).